I’m old school.. I studied Computer Science in the 90’s.. I majored in programming languages like C and Cobol.
Our computer Lab was all Unix with a 9600 bps leased line. Things have changed..
Websites of Yesteryear were all static (html), and if you needed to change something, you would have to actually access the html and change it there.. very tedious.
Then came things like CMS (Content Managed Systems). There were many to hit the market prior to 2000.
But in 2003, WordPress was developed, and since then it is the most widely used CMS, Commerce, Blogging platform on the market. And, its open source
Open source software is fantastic for so many reasons. I will get into that..
For a great many years now, my company (IT Jockies) has been developing and maintaining WordPress based systems throughout the world.
..and Yes, its great, a customer can now have a change made to their website without any hassle at all.. but with the good.. comes the bad..
Customers are under the impression most of the time, that these websites can be created and left.. this is not the case!
This is where IT Jockies comes in. The trendy word is “Your WordPress Butler”.
The Why? (Reasons)
- Although constantly updated.. WordPress needs to be maintained.
- 0-Day Exploits, find out-of-date WordPress Installations, and hack them.
- WordPress, Theme Designers, Plugin Developers constantly release updates to counter any security exploits. These NEED to be updated.
What we do
- Depending on your needs, we will regularily ensure you are up to date.
- We make regular backups, just in case.
- With backups, we would have you back up and running withing 30 minutes.
- We keep you up to date on new features, concepts and ideas.
- We are an all-service solution.